I’m going to do things a little differently today. Rather than giving you tips about how to part with your excess stuff, I’m going to suggest some things that you should actually bring into your home. I know. I know. That doesn’t sound like me. I thought you might like a break from thinking about what to get rid of, and instead, focus on how to manage the stuff you have. Let’s face it. No matter how organized we are, we still have stuff. These 10 organizational items will help you manage that stuff without breaking the bank.
10 Organizational Items for Under $10
- EZWIND Cord Organizer: This is perfect for the garage or utility room, and is designed to keep bulky extension cords organized and free of kinks and twists. For just under $9, it accommodates up to 150 feet of cable.
- HOFTA Drawer Dividers: This IKEA essential comes with three strips in a couple of different widths. The shorter version is just $1.99, and the longer set is $2.99. What’s great about this product is that you just cut it to fit your drawer. Simple and effective.
- Rubbermaid Desktop Organizer: There are plenty of options for desktop organizers out there. I like this one because 1) it’s nice looking, and 2) it’s small, but holds a variety of basic office supplies. This is perfect for your home office or kid’s homework station.
- Health and Beauty Organizer: This one is a must have! It’s two little compartments that you can easily install on the inside of your bathroom cabinet door. Not only does it free up space inside of your cabinet, but it’s also perfect for those little items like nail polish and lipsticks that get lost in a drawer. $4.99 at Target.
- Round Organizer Box: This little gem for under $5 at Home Depot is screaming to be filled with legos, Barbie shoes, Shopkins and all those horrible little Polly Pocket accessories. It comes in a variety of colors.
- Copco 3-Tier Cabinet Organizer: Yes! How wonderful it would be to see all of those little jars of spices without digging, dropping and spilling anything. This easy-to-clean pantry miracle is just $7.99 on Amazon.
- Bumps Be Gone Hangers: Did you even know these existed?! There’s nothing worse than getting dressed in a rush and discovering you’ve somehow sprouted spines on your shoulders. Problem solved. Get a 4-pack of Bumps Be Gone Hangers in black or multi-colors for $9.99 at Target.
- Toothbrush Organizer: Now, this is just adorable. This is an awesome alternative to your standard toothbrush cup with those small holes that don’t fit odd-sized brushes. It keeps your countertop clean and organized in style. It’s just $8.99 at the Container Store.
- Chair Caddy: For $9.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond, this organizational item is sure to keep your kids’ homework in order. It has 7 pockets and fits over a standard chair.
- Letter and Key Holder: Walk in the door, hang up your keys, stash the mail and get on with your evening. This simple, little organizer is just $7.99 on Amazon.
The key to getting rid of your clutter and staying organized is being able set up systems that you can maintain. Even the simplest organizational items can make a big difference in your success.